Reporting to the head coach, the assistant coach will assist in all aspects of program operation including organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, trainings, and competitions, among other responsibilities. The assistant coach will help support the head coach in identifying and recruiting qualified prospective student-athletes. Supervise student workers and others associated with the program. Assist with program administration and budget oversight. Assist the head coach with the student-athlete academic success and retention. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the director of athletics.
- Coordinate all efforts at the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and execution of all practices.
- Attend and participate in all practices and contests.
- Assist in game/practice preparation, including film breakdown sessions; development of game plans and scouting reports related to each contest, among others.
- Monitor and support academic progress of team members.
- Recruit qualified prospective student-athletes for successful participation.
- Pass the NCAA Rules Test.
- Adhere to all applicable policies and regulations including but not limited to the NCAA, The Centennial Conference, McDaniel College, and McDaniel Athletics.
- Fulfill other departmental duties as assigned.
Read More: Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach – McDaniel College 2022-05-13 20:17:53